Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Memories of Mom

This coming Monday marks the three year anniversary of the day we said our last good-bye on earth to my Mom.  I look for things to strike memories of her.  She was so awesome and I was really blessed to have her as my mentor in life.  I will be sharing stories of my Mom over the next few days.  Some longer than others but today’s story will hopefully bring a smile to your face.  For those of you who knew me in my early 20’s you will recognize just how much I look like my Mother.  Just one more blessing! 
My Mom wasn’t one to ever, I mean never, never, ever buy a bathing suit.  After we moved to Florida we tried to get her to go into the water when we went to the gulf.  We also tried to get her to get into pools at our friends homes.  The story was always the same, her grandmother never liked women in bathing suits so they had “beach pajama’s” to wear to Lake Michigan when she was a young girl.  She said they covered a woman from neck to ankle.  Imagine my surprise when I found pictures of my Mother in a swim suit, a two piece swim suit, on the beach as a woman about 20 years old.  These pictures are treasures.
Just in case you are wondering, Mom is the one on the right in the first picture and the one on the far left in the bottom picture.  I would hardly call this two piece swimming suit "beach pajama's". 

No comments:

Post a Comment